The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bloody cough

Bloody cough
Tough though
Can give it a thought
Oh God! I cant talk
Can’t breath (cough, cough)

Coughs can hold
Coughs can bore
Coughs can haunt
Cough could mean cold
The cough buzzer in me went off (cough, cough)
It’s now part of a coughy me
Coughy Katey
Lovey dovey little chesty coughy Katey!

Cough ain’t my name
Just an enemy that boarded the same bus as I
Who the hell came up with ‘Cough?’
It’s a dingy and clingy little useless word (cough, cough)
For a discomfort none of you would want
A distraction of sanity and serenity
A selfish need to only ‘keep warm’
‘Take warm’ la la la la la (cough, cough)
Hatey cough
Cough spells careless
Cough requires extra care
Cough wants medicine so they can get off me
Cough is gentle enough not to kill but
Cough is rather annoying…especially when am having fun! (cough, cough)
And want to keep singing and talking and loving and humming and…
Cough is irritating, so very much so…my inner skin is bursting in anger!
I want to scream right now! Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh

Cough…cough
What a thought (cough, cough)
Frankly, I don’t like you one bit
I can no longer stand you being part of me (cough, cough)
But I will give you what you want if it will make you go completely (medicine)
And say my prayers to take you back to where you came from!

Tuesday 20th April, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment