The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goodbye, Adios

Good byes are the worst to say
They aren’t my butter on bread
But I guess we had to do it this way
Its Adios time
And am going to make it truly worth the while

There were those wonderful times
That brought out the best of our different worlds
I am glad we could share
If not much then that bit

It may have been easy or not
But be sure we gave our best
Regrets will never feature in this very chapter
Of pages we flipped together
Laughter that cackled into the night
Filing the air with autumn freshness

Inhaling each other’s scent
Exhaling new beginnings
But still managing to suffice
Good byes are hard for me to say
But I bet its time to…

Wish you all the love you deserve
The longing that brings home to your eyes

Challenges are full stops in every sentence
All we did was learn to live with it
Was it good enough at that?
I wonder…

I have learnt to view things in blue light
To listen, to see what is not before me
The difference is in the feelings expressed
Action is an accompaniment that spices up words
Still I sing Adios

Am now aware that I may be heading in the dark
Am all alone
But someone is watching over me
Checking up on me lest I fall
Ensuring that this flower is properly watered lest it withers

Thank you for being you
Thank you for the lessons I learnt
Thank you for those bad days that made sure we talked over issues
Thank you for your patience and love
For understanding however hard it might have been
Thank you for everything

As you open your eyes wider
Stagger in water and tremors shake your being
Remember that I will offer a prayer for you
From the heart I wish you well
From the mind soar high in your dreams

Good bye dear lover
Good bye friend…

K8, 2010





No comments:

Post a Comment