The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Saturday, May 29, 2010

‘Formidable, sweet Love’

Mmmmmhhh
You held me that night
So tight but right
And for one moment I just lost it
Just lost it (echo)

Kissing on the stairs
Helpless breathing of one
Taken away by love
Stolen love…
Yeah
Stolen…..nope!
Secret Love
Mmmmmmhhh…

How could this feeling be so right in my eyes
While I know
I know (echo)
I have desired you ever since?
The imagined words in me came out through the passion in every breath I took
A feeling that none of the strings inside could take away
The world would finally pave way to embrace you….
For me to embrace you….but in my heart I wish I could go on doing that
For the rest of my living life
Living Life?
MMmmhhhhhhh…

The beat
The beat that strum your heart in place
The heat that engulfed the two of us
The bond that glued our union
The love that begins to grow
(Yeah…..grow)
The tenderness I have never felt
The eagerness to flip to the next page
Because she's here with me
And I know she feels every minute of every letter of my poem to her
(She feels it)
But she just wants to keep it in….
In…while I see it in her eyes
Every time….

How does it feel near her?
Oops! Like forever
Like a world that ain't coming to an end
Like a lane that has no finish line
Like a song whose singer goes on and on and on and …………
Like a love that's there to stay
Like Rock……..it rocks the boats
Like YOU…..you colored all the days I've been with you
Lovingly…passionately….tenderly….
You blew me off, with everything about you!

Can I see you again?
Can I get the pleasure of walking by your side?
Can I sing a lovely song for you?
Can I……Can I… I make you mine?

K8’s

11 comments:

  1. I read this with a huge smile plastered on my face right to the end...truly romantique, especially the echo part of it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Thank you very much for the smile and compliments D!

    K8's

    ReplyDelete
  3. K8ty'
    Wa Wa Wa Wa Wa Wa Wa Wa Wa Wa !!!!!
    My Dear forever Heads down!This is a master piece gal you gatta have it out there,how honey? i dont know but people should read this one their sexual orientations not withstanding.
    Yaani you do not need a lay after this one it caters for everything Almost gone Hah! hAH! hAH! (mourning) in the office!.
    Never say--she warned me--still collecting evidence gal.This is gonna be the suit of the year.Imagine the headlines!A LESBIAN SUES A POET FOR HER ADDICTIVE POEMS!!
    i have a feeling you go plead 'GUILTY' coz only me knows were amma sue you.HAVE A CLUE K8tY?.
    LOOOOVING YOU LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA DURURURU-DURU- LA LA LA LA LA LA LA! sing your weekend away Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha Sharon...
    There is nothing as precious as emotions from the heart, flowing on paper! Those are moments any artist would die for Sharon!
    Thank you. I can do worse than that....and don't you try me...ha ha ha ha ha
    Thank you for your comments once again! I am humbled
    K8

    ReplyDelete
  5. OURS TRULY,K8,
    You can do worse than what?Plead guilty? Gal do you even have any idea of what am talking about,PLEASE before you tell me the worst you can do,just sit ,think and ask yourself--what exactly is this idiota talking about?
    yeah!idiota that's me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you're talking about....hello? That's why I write...I can read between lines Honey! I sat, thought and asked myself whatever this Idiot was up to back when you sent your first comment on this one.
    Yeah....I know...I can put it down in writing...thankfully not in English!
    Thanks anyways
    K8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sawa tu!
    keep telling yourself you know.Literally you've just gone to Akamba Bus Servise main office and bought your self a one away ticket to this L-city you never coming back babe NEVER.
    Seriously K8ty THINK critically!
    sawa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haya basi...this poet thinks more poetically than critically...I give up this one. Happy now? BTW, I will always come back...back is a bag pack that always clips at the park where my curvy behind is masked!
    K8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am confused i thought we were talking about Ma poems! Now atiiiiii..a bag back which parks and clips your behind while masked! What the f****you lost me now,i think am the one who needs critical thinking.
    Besides you can't write such a huge and heavy statement to me i aint poetic sharon you know!.
    Whatcha think?
    OH! CBD IS FULL OF SIRENS I DO NOT KNOW WHO HAS BROUGHT HELL ON EARTH WAY BEFORE END TIMES , I MEAN SOMEWHERE IS SERIOUSLY BURNING.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha this should not confuse you...read between the lines if you cannot think poetically Sharon! And no, I haven't lost you...but maybe my bright black eyes did! Oops, I've gatta' get my bum runnin'.
    Watch out! Don' let the fire catch up wit' ya'.
    Regards
    K8

    ReplyDelete
  11. K8ty
    check out the posts n comments here

    ReplyDelete