The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thoughts are just that..."Thoughts!"

I amuse me with
Constant cravings of
A heart gone sour
While all this while
Denounced in silence
Hurting without lifting
Spirits high but yearning
To get that final holding
Where home is best!

Intimidated but numbed fingers to the touch
That brings with it shivers of apprehension
The joys of sad tomorrows
Bewildered in a manner most delirious
I cannot engage for all I know
Souls only speak coldly
Traumatizing a once exciting past
Igniting the fires of an unsure present
And oh! What a glow this brings!

The doors bang behind my back
Sparking haunted memories of
A young girl being pinned down by a group of men
Shrouding in her virginity
The girl screaming at the top of her voice
If only help would calm her off this pain

In there somewhere, a wife is getting battered
Out of her senses…by a partner that thinks of physical correction
Of course through the violent way
A trans gendered person is faced by mob justice on the streets
Of a busy street in town, apparently, for dressing in the ¨wrong clothes”
For being what they are not
Another gay man is facing the hangman's noose
And the lesbian whose education's dropped if she does not conform
To the norm!

That brings me here
The thought corner
Where I get to hold an imaginary conversation
With none but me
And then I begin wondering
Whether life is really fair…
It was never meant to be…there was only a reassurance that it would keep getting better…
Maybe, if only…if probably…
Better…just better, if we started to work towards that
And not expect to wait for fairness
Let's fight and look for it….in that way it will surely come
If only!

By K8’s

No comments:

Post a Comment