The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I write...

I write this for you
I write for Love
I write for the passion in Art
I write for the many times I have slipped and fallen
I write for the courage to be ‘myself’ through it all
I write for knowing that I like someone out there…while they may not like me as much…at all
I write for despair when tasks get too difficult for me to accomplish
I write for my frail little weak me at this time
I write for the strong woman that dwells in my soul
I write for my short stubby feet… that carry a stubborn me to wherever I want to even when it’s not safe!
I write for gossips…they’ve work to do
I write for you
I write for your hate and rage over the fact that am not like you in many ways
I write for health
I write for life
I write for death
I write for fate
I write for gay, queer, dyke, the trans personas
I write for all not ‘some’
I write for thematic ideas that make me unique in my own special way
I write for diversity
I write for non-discrimination,
I write for the protection of your basic but fundamental rights
I write for religious fanatics…who think they have the right to condemn and preach hatred among an innocent people
I write for the minority, the widowed, the orphans, the less fortunate, the displaced ,them all…
I write for your eyes,  that twinkle with excitement and sadness and remorse at the sight of this poem
I write for the immigrants
I write for rapists…who destroy but continue to walk free
I write for the murderers…whose end is always traumatic.
I write for the dictators…who’ll never give a voice to the oppressed
I write for the activists of the world…who go through hell to achieve justice and fairness for all
I write for those that have departed from the world while on official duty
I write for the drug addicts…they need our understanding and love
I write for the commercial sex workers, whose plight no one cares to find out
I write for the careless driver, who’s hurrying up to kill his passengers without mercy
I write for the lawyer, the police officer, who takes bribes to protect criminals
I write for the prisoner…whose world only rotates around their dim lit caged little rooms
I write for single mothers especially my mother, who though gone forever lives inside of me
I write for the immigrants
I write for the hasslers, who have to make a living despite the challenges of this life
I write for those that have lost hope in everything…those that are trying to kill their beautiful selves
I write for the politicians, who put their greed before their navels and care less about improving their regions
I write for us, the human race, the best of the world!

 K8's

No comments:

Post a Comment