The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Friday, May 14, 2010

I want...

I have been sitting here
Listening to me
Listening to what my heart wants
Listening to the light whisper good evening to the dark
Listening to a heartbeat that responds to every thought of you

I'm still here
And all this time
I wanted to write something beautiful
A gift for you tonight

And I cannot keep my tears away
Because writing about Love, writing about YOU...
Is just a tender piece of me

I want to tell you that I love you
Because I mean it
The flowers will always come
And when they don't my Love
I will still be here
I want to date you...but it does not matter
I already am in love with you

I want to tell you that you are beautiful Both in the inside and out
I haven't met one that possesses both beauties

I want to sit and support your behind
Give you a good shoulder and back rub
Make you feel alright
And as always you'll
Respond to my touch and make me shudder
Remind me of our private moments together

I want to cook one romantic dinner, just for you...
And feed you after that
To toast to a glass of water, not wine

I want to make time for you
Because it is most valuable to me
The wonderful times to eternal sleep, I will take with me

I want us to do what we love most
What we share much in common
What brought us together

I want to encourage you to reach for your stars Honey!
Help you in any way I can to go for it
Because what is merry for you is merrier for me

I want to listen to you
Not just with my ears but with my heart too!
I want to follow each word I say with appropriate action
I want to give you space when you need it...
I want to talk to you as often as possible

Above all else...
This comes to say that I still want you!
As bad as I always have

This comes to say
That your love is here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment