The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

WORDS, WORDS

All I could think of,
All I could ever say,
All I could have done,
All I could have wanted,
All I could have wished for,

In one second,
One word I uttered,
In anger and frustration
Altered the course,

I couldn't plead temporary insanity,
To take back the words I had spoken,
The written to erase,
The sting in their meaning,
To rub and soothe,

With words I had dreamt up paradise
And in one second,
I brought it all tumbling down,
With one I uttered.

K8's O

No comments:

Post a Comment