The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fading rainbow

It took a while,
Longer than the summer sun,
To look at the horizon,
The rainbow has faded,
In its place a gray dark mass,

The sun has come up,
Scorching the once beautiful dappled horizon,
It's gone, it has slowly faded,
That I have to deal with,

My tears I should wipe,
My exploding heart I must cool,
From the seething and scorching sun,
But my eyes I must keep open,
To look out for the spring sun,
That with it brings flowers' bloom,
Which sparks the heart again,
And brings another rainbow.

K8's O

No comments:

Post a Comment