The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It’s been a while

Weeks have passed,
Since my last genuine smile or laughter,
The afflictions of a broken heart,
Whose pleas of forgiveness,
Went unheeded,
Whose tears nobody could wipe,

The loud cries no one heard,
A repentant heart,
Rubbed with more pain,

It's been a while,
Since I could remember,
How it is to be loved,
To be cared for,
to have a relaxing sleep.

Pills, cigarettes the only true friend I have,
It's been a while,
I have regretted my mistake,
I wished I could rip my heart off,
To wear off the hurt.

K8's O

No comments:

Post a Comment