The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Point of no return

Like a seesaw, our love moves,
Balance difficult to keep,
Like a pendulum,
Our emotions swing,
Sadness, happiness all at once,

There is no telling,
What the silence holds,
Or what the words mean,
Either what the actions portend,
Time it seems, has run out,

To look back at what we had,
Hard to keep the good memories,
Of a love swing that was once certain.

At every door knob turn,
My eyes light with expectations,
To see you once again,
But it's not you at the door,
I jump excitedly at every phone ring,
But it's not you at the end of the line,
I glow at every click on my mail in box,
But it's not your message,

Everyday, I long to hear your voice,
But you won't talk to me.
Night falls and darkness comes,
To announce, we have come,
to the point of no return.

K8's O

No comments:

Post a Comment